Download & Install Android 4.3 Update for Galaxy Note 2 [Official]
Stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is currently running on Android 4.1.2 and Note 2 owners have waited for more than a year for Android update. Now you can install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official update on Galaxy Note 2.
The firmware is N7100DDEMJ9 and is a leaked version of the official Android 4.3 for Note 2. We have extensively tested this updated and its stable and absolutely bug free. The previous problem of wiping of Google Account from earlier version of Android 4.3 on Note 2 has been resolved.
The Android 4.3 software brings following new features from Samsung side
- Improved UI
- Samsung Knox
- Samsung Wallet pre-installed
- Improved Camera features
It also brings Android 4.3 goodies and features like
- TRIM [prevents Android devices to go slow with time with better memory management]
- Bluetooth 4.0 Support
- OpenGL ES 3.0 compatibility
- Better performance and battery improvement
How to Install Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Update if for Unlocked GT-N-7100 version of Note 2
- Make sure you have charged Note 2 up to 60 percent of battery capacity
- Download Samsung USB driver from here and install it on your PC
- Download ODIN from here and install it on your PC
- Download Android 4.3 Firmware from here, Unzip or extract it on your PC
This will not void your warranty and will not increase your binary counter
Backup your user data on your phone as this process will wipe everything present on your device
- Switch off Note 2 and the press Power + Home + Volume down key to go in Download Mode
- Run ODIN on your PC and connect it to Note 2 : You will get get a blue sign on ODIN [ODIN has recognized your device]
Add AP_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to AP
Add BL_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to BL
Add CP_N7100DDEMJ9_REV08_CL1423182.tar.md5 to CP
Add CSC_ODD_N7100ODDEMK1_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Now un-check re-partition and press Start
This will install Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note and the device will re-start. You should be good to go. To check your current software version go to Settings> About Phone it should show Android 4.3 Jelly Bean under Software version.
If Note 2 enters into boot-loop, or gives you too many force closures. Restart the device in Recovery Mode by switching off the device and pressing Home + Power + Volume Up key. Once in recovery mode select Wipe/Factory Reset [This will erase your data]. Once done, select Reboot Device and it should be OK.
Do let us know if you have any problem in the installation process, also write in the comments section below if you notice any significant battery improvement after installing Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N-7100